Physical, mathematical and numerical methods in atmospheric observations
|Kod przedmiotu:||1100-PMN||Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||(brak danych) / (brak danych)|
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Physical, mathematical and numerical methods in atmospheric observations|
Physics (Studies in English), 2nd cycle; specialization courses
Physics (Studies in English); 2nd cycle
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||
zobacz reguły punktacji
This course aims at familiarizing students with modern physical, mathematical and numerical methods applied in atmospheric observations. After attending to the course students will be able to make use of the current literature in the field, discuss the most recent synergetic techniques used in atmospheric research. The lecture will be given in a form of an interactive conservatory during which students will be able express their opinions, and hence master their skills in a scientific discourse.
This lecture is taught in English only.
Topics to be covered are listed below:
1) Basics of ground-based in situ and remote sensing of the atmosphere
2) Limitations of atmospheric measurements due to spatio-temporal sampling
3) Observations in modelling and forecast of physical phenomena of atmosphere
4) Atmospheric clouds and aerosol particles and their impact on climate change and air quality
5) Physical properties of the troposphere (e.g. thermodynamics, wind field or turbulence)
6) State-of-the-art research using synergies of remote sensing methods
The list of references will be provided during the lectures.
|Efekty uczenia się:||
This course will provide students with following outcomes, according to the learning outcomes listed at:
1. Education: X1A-W02, W03, W04, W05
2. Skills: X1A-U01, U03, U04, U05, U07, U09, U10
3. Social competences: X1A-K02, K03, K05, K06
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
The completion of this course will be assessed based on:
- 50% presentation of selected problem in open forum,
- 30% active participation is scientific discourse,
- 20% written exam result.
The topics for the exam will be given 3 weeks in advance, and will cover the material realized during lectures.
During the exam session one written exam and one make-up exam are planned.
Attendance at lectures is compulsory.
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Warszawski.